Mama bears, are you struggling with worrying about Mercury count, but still wanting your kids to eat seafood? #SAME — that is, until I found Safe Catch Tuna. Safe Catch is the first canned tuna brand to screen every single fish it sells, and it prides itself on having the lowest mercury count of any brand out there.
So today, I bring you a healthy snack recipe that can be made in under 10 minutes, is delicious, oh-so-simple, quick, and healthy! #YAS #Winning
Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
- 15 oz (or 3 small cans) of Safe Catch tuna
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 large or 3 medium avocados, peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1 small/medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ small bunch of cilantro (1/4 cup chopped)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine: sliced cucumber, sliced avocado, thinly sliced red onion, drained tuna, and ¼ cup cilantro.
- Drizzle salad ingredients with 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper (or season to taste). Toss to combine and serve.
*This post was sponsored in part by Safe Catch Tuna.